2018 Best Practices Summit
Monday October 8 – Wednesday October 10 Indianapolis
Be part of NARR’s annual conference, entirely dedicated to best practices in the operation of recovery residences. The event will feature three days of presentations, panels and participant discussion. This year’s conference will feature a reception on Monday evening for all conference attendees, and for our friends in the recovery movement.
Multiple program tracks will offer something for everyone. One track will focus on the needs of residence providers. A parallel track will be devoted to policy topics including legislation, state-level issues, the opioid crisis and industry responses to change. Morning and midday general sessions will feature our keynote speakers and subjects of interest to all participants. As always, we are attracting outstanding speakers from around the country.
Click here for the full conference program.
A number of keynote speakers have been confirmed, including
- Dr. Arthur Kleinschmidt, Senior Advisor, SAMHSA Center for Substance Abuse Treatment
- Justice Loretta Rush, Chief Justice, Indiana Supreme Court
- Betty Ann Bryce, Senior Policy Advisor, Office of the Asst. to the Secretary for Rural Development, U.S. Department of Agriculture
- Michael King, Director of Outreach & Engagement, Facing Addiction with NCADD
- Steve Polin, noted fair housing attorney
- Andrew Martin, Chief Operating Officer, Behavioral Health Association of Providers
- Beth Fisher Sanders, Founder/CEO of Hope Homes, NARR past president
The program also features presentations and discussions on
- Winning marketing strategies for recovery residences
- Effective collaboration with state legislatures and addiction services agencies
- Insurance and risk management
- The new NARR Standard, to be released formally at the conference
- Ethics in operations, financial relationships and marketing
- Effective advocacy: changing public perceptions about addiction and recovery
Who should attend?
Whether you’re a long-established recovery residence services provider, are just starting out, or maybe thinking of entering the field, this conference will speak to your needs. Participants include some of the nation’s leading recovery housing operators. Other speakers and participants are treatment program operators, mental health service providers, state government officials, and providers of specialty services to the field.
Location and Hotel Information
The conference will be held at the Indianapolis Marriott Downtown. The conference room block is sold out, but the hotel may still have rooms at their standard rate. You can reserve rooms online through this link.
The Best Practices Summit is a great place to promote your program or service to a select audience, and provide much-needed support for NARR’s work. See our Sponsor Opportunities page for more information.
Online registration is closed. If you are planning on attending the conference but have not yet registered, you can register and pay at the conference. If you plan on doing so, please send an email to email@example.com with the following information:
- Your name
- email address
- whether or not you will be receiving CEU credit